Privacy and Policy
Privacy and Policy
Privacy agreementDriverso Ltd (also trading under the name “Driverso.com”) (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Driverso Ltd is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
This policy (together with our terms and conditions https://www.driverso.com/en/terms-and-conditions/terms-and-conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data (as defined in the Act) (Personal Data) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
By visiting [www.driverso.com] you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Where you give us Personal Data on behalf of the Driver and any Additional Driver, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this policy and that they have accepted and consented to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in the Booking Form on our website [www.driverso.com] (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, make your reservation on our Platform and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is the information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, the Operators, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
A cookie is a text file placed on your computer by a website to enable that website to work more efficiently by recognizing that you have visited that website before. They make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on the Website, and by seeing how you use the Website, we can tailor the Website around your preferences and measure the usability of the Website.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
• Personal Data you give to us. We will use this information:
(a) to carry out our obligations arising from our Services and the Rental Services provided by the Operator and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
(b) to notify you about the progress and changes to our Services or to the Rental Services provided by the Operator;
(c) to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already booked or enquired about (unless you expressly require us by notice in writing to cease, or not to begin, processing the information you give to us for such purpose);
(d) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, but only if you have expressly consented to this in writing;
(e) to comply with statutory and regulatory obligations;
(f) to carry out anonymous and/or aggregate statistical analyses;
(g) to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Personal Data we collect about you. We will use this information:
(a) to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(b) to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
(d) as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
(e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
(f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Some of the Personal Data that you give to us and we collect about you may be sensitive personal data (as defined in the Act) (Sensitive Personal Data). We will only collect, use or disclose Sensitive Personal Data where it has received your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
• Any of our employees, agents, consultants and collaborators.
• Selected third parties including:
(a) Operators and any other party to which we need to communicate data for the performance of the Contract and the provision of our Services and the Rental Services (including banks and/or credit card issuers);
(b) advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
(c) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If Driverso Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms https://www.driverso.com/en/terms-and-conditions/terms-and-conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Driverso Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area ("EEA").
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the Booking Form. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We aim to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. If you find that any of the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will correct and update it promptly.